Thursday, January 24

Regularly Scheduling


When I was in college I was the owner of the largest TV in my entire apartment complex. (That's not to say that I had a large TV. But when you live in campus housing, most of your neighbors tend to be on a budget, thus keeping the average television size pretty low.) Several nights a week, various friends, acquaintance and the occasional random passerby, would drop in to make use of the big screen, abundant seating (we were one of the few apartments to have two couches) and digital cable. (I sprang for the extra $10 a month service.) TV became a regular part of my routine. I even started planning my study sessions around new episodes of Battlestar Galactica and Grey's Anatomy. (A favorite of the girls downstairs.) When I moved home, I brought my TV habits with me. It's much more difficult to watch with a group in suburbia were everything seems to be a 20 minute drive away, but I managed to find one group to watch Heroes with and another for The Office. Plus there was always my sister who shares my taste in TV.

But what to do about this writer's strike? I need my TV! And I needed on it's regularly schedule time. The answer? The glorious invention known as Digital Video Disc. Between myself, my sister and a couple of friends, I have access to what must be dozens of full seasons TV. But I couldn't just start watching shows at random. I needed that security of prime time lineup. So I made my own. One episode of each show, on the same night each week. If you see any thing you like, feel free to drop by.

Sunday

  • Malcolm in the Middle
  • The Simpsons
  • The X-Files
  • Playmakers~
  • Masterpiece Classics*

Monday

  • Firefly
  • Space: Above and Beyond
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Terminator: The Sara Connor Chronicles*

Tuesday

  • Scrubs
  • The Office
  • Keen Eddie
  • Chuck

Wednesday

  • Dark Angel
  • Alias
  • Veronica Mars

Thursday

  • 30 Rock
  • What I Like About You
  • Gilmore Girls
  • Heroes

Friday

  • Friday Night Lights+
  • Dead Like Me
  • Arrested Development
  • How I Met Your Mother

Saturday

  • Miniseries or Movie

*new episodes
+new and dvd episodes
~subject to change without notice

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heroes runs on Monday Nights.
Gilmore Girls? Why not just go with Dawson's Creek. Thats kinda creepy.

Anonymous said...

Umm...anymore stuff? Or is this it? Are you to involved in Rock Band?

I just want MORE. PLEASE?!?