Monday, August 14

Turf Notes

With the 2006 football season fast approaching, I have realized that people who may have been directly involved in the events described in "The Astroturf Uncertainty Principle" may in fact read it. Thus I feel it is incumbent upon me to place this disclaimer both here and at the bottom of the piece itself.

Note: This article is very closely based on real events and real people. Some of the events may be condensed and certain details (the score of the game for example) may be incorrect as everything was written simply as I remembered it. As far as I know there was no record of the game to which I could refer. Names have not been changed. Robert is a real person. His actions on the night of the game are as accurately described as I could make them, but my knowledge of his life before I met him and away from the football field should be considered second hand at best.

No comments: